Here are some of the answers of class 5 moral science books. Hope it will help you and your kids.
Chapter 1 – Make a New Beginning
- What is a house? How would you describe your house?
A house is a building for a family to live in and to get shelter from rain, cold, heat and snow. It is usually made of bricks, concrete, mud, stone, glass or grass. My house is a small one made of bricks and tiles. It has three bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and two washrooms.
- What is a home?
A home is made when a family lives in it in peace, with love and by sharing.
- Is there a difference between a house and a home?
Yes, there is a difference between a house and a home.
- If yes, what is the difference between the two?
A house is not always a home. Any building where people live alone or in group is a house but to make a home, we need to fill the house with love, peace and sharing.
- Can you find terms (words) that refer to the idea of home in other languages? (Indian / International)
- Casa in Spanish, means home.
- Hjem (yem) in Norwegian means home.
- Unlu in Armenian means home.
- Ghar in Hindi and Punjabi also means home.
- What brings a smile to your mother’s face? What makes your father happy? Write three things you can do to make your home a happy place?
- My mother smiles when I am obedient and do my homework in time.
- My father is happy when I am not shouting at my younger brother.
- Help parents in small work at home.
- Not to quarrel with siblings.
- Be clean and be truthful.
Chapter 2 – Lend a Hand!
- Discus in class how and what you share with the people around you – not just material things but your time, talents, abilities, etc.
I love to share my time and talents with my friends. Sometimes I help classmates by explaining difficult subjects like Mathematics and English. Sometimes I keep quite at my home while my younger brother is howling and running about. Similarly, I help beggars by giving them money.