Part One Warm up Questions
Part 1 is about YOU. They will ask you familiar, everyday questions about your life. This will last around 4-5 minutes.
Part One Cue Cards
Part 2 is sometimes called the ‘long turn’. You will be given a cue card and you will have 1 minute to prepare your answer. You will then be asked to speak for up to 2 minutes.
Sample“My First Pet Animal”
Everyone loves to have a pet animal. The most liked pets are dogs, cats, tortoises, birds and rabbits. We love them because they follow us or love us unconditionally.
When I was hardly four years, I got a lovely tortoise from one of my uncles who was a fisherman. It was dark brown like all other tortoises but its height was unusually low. I loved the tortoise so much that I made a small pond in front of my house and named it Toto. Soon the two of us became friendly and Toto started waiting for me to come home from school. After two years Toto grew up like a giant tortoise and carried on its back my school bag to and from the bus.
One evening, when I returned from school my mother appeared panicky. She informed that Toto had been missing since I left to school that morning. My brothers and friends went far and widelooking for Toto but we could not get any information about him. We went on searching for Toto for a week but to no avail. I still look for TOTO in ponds and rivers whenever I go out with my friends, family or alone.
SampleAn Accident that Changed my Life
All of us meet with minor or major accidents in our life. They range from minor fall from a chair, or from a terrace, or a motor accident or sometimes an explosion that claims lives. Each accident makes drastic change in our lives and teaches us some valuable lessons. Most of the accidents are due to crashing of vehicles, fall from heights or in attacks.
When I was pursuing my post graduation, an accident occurred in my life. It was a Friday evening. My friend Rahul and I were riding my bike from college to my home. Half the way home, a dog jumped in front of our bike. Suddenly, our bike skidded and crashed into a wall and the two of us fell into a ditch.
SampleMy First Friend
Describe her appearance. Describe her character. How was she different from others. Describe an incident. When did you separate ways? Why? Where is she now?
Having a good is like having the best weapons in a war.
My first friend was Stephy, a girl I met and befriended in grade 2. I have searched for her on all social network but I have not yet got any clue about her. Last year I heard from her brother that Stephy is in New Hampshire.
1A wrong Choice that I made in My Life
- To err is human because we do things we had never done.
2My First Computer
3The First Book I Read
- Novels and novel reading is loved by millions of people worldwide.
- From the beginning of human civilization, literature is man’s passion.
- The first book I read in my life is Sherlock Holmes written by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- This is a series of stories featuring a detective named Sherlock Holmes and his companion, Dr. Watson.
- I got the first copy …
- I completed the first book in three days and bought the next five books.
- No doubt, Doyle’s style of writing is enchanting if not mesmerizing.
- What are outdoor games.
- We don’t play outdoor games.
- What happens if we don’t play outdoor games.
- How can we solve this problem.
- When do we give gifts?
- What do we feel when we gift someone.
- What does the receiver feel on being gifted?
- How do telephones help us.
- We are addicted to mobile phones.
8Newspapers Vs ePapers
- What was newspapers
- What is it now
- What is better – NP / EP
- Why are epapers better?
- Why are newspapers better?
- What will be the future of the two?
- There is nothing that nature has created more beautifully than flowers.
- The would would have been a desert if there were no flowers and plants.
- Rose is my most favorite flower.
- There are more than 400 varieties of flowers in the world, most of them in America and Europe. (Not factual)
- Talk about a natural disaster in your area
Talk about a thing wanted from long time but have not done
- Talk about something you always wanted to buy but could not buy yet.
Talk about a thing you just bought and you are happy about
Talk about an important event which you celebrated
Talk about a story you remember someone told you
Talk about a special day which was not that expensive or on which you didn’t have to spend a lot of money
Talk about a toy you liked in your childhood
An activity that you found boring
What would be your perfect holiday or vacation look like?
Describe a development in your country like shopping centre, park
Describe a sportsperson that you admire
Talk about a traditional product of your country that you bought
Describe a long car journey you went on
- Describe a school rule that you didn’t like:
Describe a program or app in your computer or phone
Talk about an unusual meal
Describe an occasion when visitors came to your home
What is your idea of a perfect home?
Describe a time when you saved money for something
A place you want to visit with your friends
Describe a popular person
Talk about an important river or Lake
Describe an interesting place that few people know
Describe an interesting person from another country
Talk about an achievement you are proud of
Describe something you bought according to an advertisement you saw
A time when you teamed up with old person to teach something to a friend /relative
Describe a garden you visited regularly during your young age
Describe a time when you felt happy that you used your cellphone
Talk about someone whom you think is the best parent .
Describe a situation where you helped an old person
Talk about your favourite movie
Describe a piece of furniture in your home that you often use
Describe an important letter that you received.
- Receiving letters and replying to them were my childhood’s most unforgetable memories.
- I used to wait for a reply for weeks.
- Once I received a reply, I spent time reading it, forgetting everything.
- Once a reply sent to the sender, I would start waiting for its reply.
Describe an activity you do to keep fit / way to stay healthy
- A successful businessman
- Describe a situation when someone gave positive comments about the work you did for them
- Describe a leisure facility (cinema, theater, sports center) you would like to have in your hometown
- Describe a language other than English that you would like to learn.
- Describe a person who can use or speak a second language
- Describe a time when you are very busy
- Describe a creative inventor or musician
- Describe a time when you tried a new food for the first time.
- Describe one of your best friends
- Describe a photo of yourself that you like
- Describe a time when the weather caused you to change your plans.
- Describe some local news that people in your locality are interested in
- Describe a situation that made you a little angry
- Describe someone you know who recently moved to new accommodation
- Describe a dream you have had
- Describe a person who once moved to live with yo u
- Describe a character or personality of yours
- Talk about an occasion you had a cake that was special
- Describe a special meal you would like to eat
- Describe a important conversation that influenced you
- Describe a holiday you want to go on in the future
- Describe a time when you saw lots of people smiling
- Talk about a TV series you remember
- Talk about a company around your city which employs a lot of people
- Describe a useful thing that you once borrowed
- Describe an event/happy experience from your childhood that you remember
- Describe a situation you were not allowed to use your cell phone
- Describe an interesting conversation with someone you didn’t know
- A book you would like to read again or An exciting book you read
- A website which helped you to do something
- Describe a difficult decision that you were made
- Describe your favorite weather IELTS EXAM
- Describe something you would like to do if you were given a day off
- Although it’s not good to give answers still I have all the answersb of above universal topics and other important topics also i can send( IB)if some one really need
- Keeping in Contact
- Cold Weather
- Musical Instruments
- Free Time
- Your Favourite Place
- Daily Routine
- School Days
- Your Home
- Text Messages
- Older People
- New Experiences
- A Journey
- Helping Other People
- Childhood Friends
- Ideas at Work
- Electronic Devices
- A Family Member you do not welcome.
- My mother’s youngest brother Nick is a man of great knowledge but I can’t help hating him. Well, Uncle Nick is a smoker of the worst kind.
- Of all the men and women I have come across so far, my mother’s youngest brother Nick is the weirdest.
- Keeping Fit and Healthy
- Making Choices
- A Celebrity
- A Friend
- Historic Places
- A Hobby
- Bodies of Water
- A Memorable Event
- Something You Own
- An Interesting Story
- A Special Event
- A Popular Teacher
- A TV Programme / Reality Shows
- A Time You Helped Someone
- Historical Buildings
- A Song
- Celebrity Culture
- A Surprise
- Schools Subject
- A Disagreement
- A Short Trip
- Something You Would Like To Buy
- Learning New Things
- Community Service
- International Meetings
- Football and Cricket / Sporting Competitions
- Influence of Friends
- National Celebrations
- Ideas and Education
- Is Religion really Needed?
- Technology at Home
- Genetic Research
- Health and Modern Lifestyles
- Choices in Everyday Life
- Teaching of History
- Leisure Time
- Water-Based Leisure Activities
- The Internet
- Changing trends in Marriage
- Helping Other People
- Being Polite
- Art Classes
Part 3 is more abstract. This is your opportunity to really develop your answers and discuss the issues brought up by the examiner. This will last 4-5 minutes.
GrammError While Speaking