- The graph above discusses/analyses the changing trends of clothing among women in London..
- The twin graphs below give a clear picture of the electricity demand and its varied areas of consumption in London.
- From the graph above, one learns about the alarming rate of population in India during 1990s and 2010s.
- In the year 2001, the price fall of vegetables in Tokyo was 31.3% with tomato and potato taking the lead…
- By 2002, dairy animals in Pogo’s farm numbered 235 with cows numbering a meager 34!
- On the other hand, production of Bravia LCD screens witnessed an all time low…
- By the end of December, migrants from Bangladesh alone was more than the collective population of Dhaka…
- Chart A gives a vivid picture of the demand for electricity in London during summers and winters apart while chart B is all about the kind of purposes that electricity served.
- During winters the highest demand was experienced during the late hours of 21, 22, 23, 24.
Some other expressions
- However the company made no remarkable profit in the following three years…
- Although the authorities twice slashed the bill amount, the poor could not really get any benefit…
- Since it was the beginning of the war…
- As expected by the public, Reliance got involved in the enterprise…
- On the contrary….
- In the first month a rise was noticed by market experts…,
- an increase,
- a surge,
- a growth,
- a peak,
- a fluctuation,
- a variation,
- a period of stability,
- a fall,
- a decrease,
- a decline,
- a dip,
- to show an upward trend, to show a downward trend,
- to hit the highest point,
- to hit the lowest point,
- to reach a peak,
- to show some fluctuation,
- to fluctuate wildly,
- to remain stable,
- to remain static,
- to remain unchanged,
- to stay constant, to reach a plateau, to level off, to flatten out, the highest, the lowest, the second highest, the third highest, compared to, compared with, relative to, sharply, suddenly, rapidly, abruptly, dramatically, significantly, steadily, considerably, markedly, slightly, gently, gradually, wildly
- There was a substantial increase in the value of stocks on March 15th.
- House prices rose dramatically in July.
- The number of tourists visiting New York fell sharply in October.
- The percentage of students walking to school continued to rise gradually over the ten year period from 2000-2010.
- There was a sharp increase in employee turnover after the strike.
- Interest in environmental issues has risen steadily over the last 10 years.
What not to write?
Only describe the data. Do not give your interpretation of it. You are not being asked why you think the data in the chart is the way it is, so do not write about that.
Interpret the data given below on the rise of India’s population from 1901 to 2011.
The twin graphs above presents the steady growth of population in India. From 1901 to 1921, India had a static population which was close to 26 crores… (incomplete)