Who doesn’t like to be the CEO of facebook or Google? If you are a little over creative and hardworking, you can be running a website that millions of people will reach.
Advantages of owning a website
One of the prime advantages of owning a good website is the big money it can generate. Believe me, there are so many people who become very rich with a website that they own.
Who pay you money?
- As far as I am concerned, Google Adsense is the number one ad network. All you have to do is to have a good website, get a good traffic like 1000 visitors per day, apply to Google and get approved. Once you are approved by Google, you can create ads and place codes on your site. It is very simple. It is very easy. For any solution, just Google and watch videos. The internet is really full of information.
- When your website becomes more popular, say, 10000 visitors per day, people will approach you with their ads. You can display their advertisements on the top or on the sides of your site and charge them for a month or for a year. That’s really big money.
People use Ad Blockers these days. Will that affect?
- I have noticed that only 20% of the browsers are using Adblockers. The rest does not mind ads. In addition, you can make the adblocked browsers to disable adblockers.
- In the casse of individual advertisers, adblocks will never matter because you are not placing a code in this case.
- Hopefully there will be a solution for adblockers very soon. Google may find a solution for that so let’s wait for a while and continue our work.
Okay. Now, how to choose a niche for my site?
- A niche tells search engines (Google) and advertisers (Adsense) what your site is all about.
- Choosing a niche or genre or subject or theme is very important. Stick to just one because advertisers can see your presence. If you have a number of niches, like education, movies, property, business, loans, law, marriage, dating, etc. all thrown together, advertisers will not be able to see you.
- Which are the best niches? It is a little hard to decide that. Use your brain and calculate this way:
- What do people search on the site?
- How can I make them stay on the site for longer so that their focus will fall on the advertisements.
- How can I make them addicted to my site?
Shall I choose WordPress for my site?
What shall I consider while buying a theme?
What hosting shall I prefer? Shared or Dedicated?
- You will begin with a shared hosting. A shared hosting means you are sharing a super server with hundreds or thousands of websites. The only trouble is shared hosting is pretty slower than dedicated servers. In terms of cost, a shared hosting is very cheap. Well, let’s think of dedicated hosting at an advanced point of time.
- There are number of hosting available. Among them netmagic, bluehost, eworld, etc. are really cool. They give us the best services and timely response.
Can you suggest some reliable hosts?
Analyzing Site Growth
Next Level is analysing your site’s growth. Using Google Analytics, you can see how many pages of your site are being views, how many visitors are online, where are they from, what are they searching for, etc. Based on this analytics report you can add or remove pages in tune with your viewers’ interest.
Getting Money is here!
Next level is to get connected to adsense. Don’t you want income? If you have some 1000 visitors per day or 3000 page views, you will get approved by Google’s Adsense. In many cases, you can get approval earlier! Once you have been approved, proceed to the adsense login page and sign in with your email account associated with your adsense account. On the top of that page you can locate “my ads.”
Click this and make as many ad units you want. Be careful not to create too many. For best results, create responsive ad units so that ads will automatically change size when your pages are viewed on smaller devices like mobile phones or tabs. Now the last step is to copy the code from the ad unit and paste it in your pages. You will get to know how and where to paste your pages.